Thursday, 26 January 2012

Nigeria's president has forced the nation's federal police chief to retire after an attack by a radical Islamist sect killed at least 185 people in the country's north.

A statement from the presidency Wednesday said Inspector Gen. Hafiz Ringim had been placed on "terminal leave" pending his planned retirement in the coming months. The statement also said President Goodluck Jonathan also "approved the retirement" of all deputy inspector generals of police.

No comments:

Post a Comment